Thursday, March 26, 2009

Halloween in July

The Dunesteef Audio Fiction Magazine has just released my short story, Halloween in July. It's an unintentional prequel to the story Pumpkinseeds, which was produced in audio by the Drabblecast in October of 2007. The story was written in a rush as was the requirement - the Dunesteef was selecting scary stories that were written entirely in the month of October - calling this promotion / contest, The October Scary Story Event. I think they selected four from all the submissions, mine being one. So far I've been impressed with their production, and I can honestly say, I don't think there is another podcast like it. With detailed commentary, sometimes longer than the story, and author's notes which reviel some of the inspiration and thoughts behind the fiction. They don't have the audience size of a Drabblecast or an Escape Artist podcast, but I have no doubt, that they soon will.

They did a great job a few months back producing my dark and experimental piece, Framing and Mounting Fairies. Not being a straight narrative it was a tricky story to bring to audio, but they did an outstanding job. This latest episodes has some very entertaining outtakes, something I think they should make a bigger part of the show. Anyway, take a listen, let me know what you think.

...and you have until Monday to listen to Fear Factor over at Sniplits for Free. After Monday it goes back up to 98 cents.

No comments: