Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I'm on the Dunesteef

The Dunesteef Audio Fiction Magazine is running an episode with 3 stories this week for their Broken Mirror Event. Its the first of two Broken Mirror episodes and my story/poem/limerick, not sure what it is, kicks it off. Its called The Return, and at 73 words long its by far the shortest piece I've ever had published. The Dunesteef folks really outdid themselves with the production, all three stories sound great. They've also put up the text, should anyone care to read:



Personally I'd rather listen to the episode then read The Return. Over the last two years listing to my stuff on Psuedopod, Drabblecast, Well Told Tales, Sniplits, etc, I've come to the very honest conclusion that I think my stuff sounds much better than it reads. And besides, its harder seeing all my typos when you're listening.

My ZomCom Novel - I've got 90% of my first round reader's comments back and I'm overwhelmed, with how insightful, and unbelievably positive they are. My group of readers are by far the most diverse group I've ever had and the response has been, well the best response I've had to anything I've written. Many in the group are not fans of horror or genre fiction but all seem to extremely enjoy the book. It's such a silly premise, but I'm beginning to wonder if it might have mass market appeal.

LIVE Halloween Show - I mentioned it before, and I'll probably mention it a million more times but my story Third Shift will be one of four performed LIVE this Halloween, in front of a live audience and broadcast, LIVE, on WMPG in Maine. The event is a fundraiser for WMPG and if you are in Maine on Halloween with nothing better to do, you can read more and get tickets by going to: http://halloween09.eventbrite.com/
But no mater where you are it will be available LIVE via the Internet, on the WMPG site, and later as an episode of Radio Drama Revival.
Happy Halloween

No comments: