Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Good, The Bad, and The Blogs



Blogs. Are standard blogs going the way of Betamax, MySpace, and Charlie Sheen's career? I don't know, but if I had a nickle for every time I've blogged this year, I'd have enough to buy a cup of coffee...in the 1940s. Originally I started this blog to replace the news section on my web site to update my fans, all six of them, (Hi Dad!) Now it seems its just a source of neglect and quilt. I post news on Facebook and tell myself that I'll get around to blogging the news later. But later rarely comes, and I feel guilty for ignoring my blog which collects internet dust, like my hotmail email account. I wonder if that is still active.
Oh well, on to the news. AUDIO DRAMA: The folks at HG World, the Parsec Award winning audio drama series, produced an audio dramatization of Night of the Living Trekkies Chapter 4 The Cage. Its a lot of fun to listen too, and when I close my eyes I can see how incredible a movie version would be. A big thank you to Jay Smith for heading that up. He's a big fan of the book and good writer to boot. You can give it a listen here. NotLT Ch 4 "The Cage" MOVIE: In regards to a movie version of Night of the Living Trekkies, last I heard the most promising talks so far have recently broken off. What's that mean? What I think it means is that there has been lots of talk between studios, agents and publisher, but no deal thus far. Honestly, I thought a deal would be in the can and shooting to have begun by now. A few months back there was even a commitment from a well known (wish I could mention his name) Star Trek actor!!! I kept thinking, oh please let this work out so I could sneak onto the set and meet him.
ZOMBIE TREKKIES: I love NotLT fans. This October two fans went above and beyond. Jenna Carodiskey-Wiebe attended Geek Girl Con in Seattle wearing a stellar Zombie Trekkie outfit. Way to represent! Stephanie Naboshek has created a step by step guide on how to make your own Zombie Red Shirt Costume. Very Detailed, very geeky. Makes me wish I could sew. You can check it out here: DIY Zombie Red Shirt! It's as easy as 1,2,3...






SPANISH EDITION: On October 5th the Spanish publisher Timus Mas released the Spanish Edition of Night of the Living Trekkies, and once again we have another great cover design. What I like about this one is it seems to be a mash up of the English cover and the award winning cover of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. I don't know how well its doing, but I'm sure the cover will get folks attention.

KIZUNA: Fiction for Japan - Earlier this year I was invited to participate in a charity anthology to benefit those effected by the massive 9.0 earthquake in Japan. I'm one of 75 authors from 11 countries to donate a piece to this collection which was released this August. It's the first time I've been involved in a project like this and I look forward to doing more like it. The anthology is available on Amazon. Kizuna: Fiction for Japan
















SHORT STORIES: I have a few short stories coming out in two new anthologies possibly this year. I would say check this blog in the future for more info, but I have no idea when or what has to happen to motivate me to keep blogging. If this is my last and final blog entry then I bid the blogosphere adieu. If it isn't, then I'll be posting again in a month. Or two. Or three.

No comments: