Friday, November 27, 2015

Pop Cultist Interview - Movie News

Had the pleasure of speaking with the new podcast and web presence, Pop Cultist, created and hosted by writer, reviewer, and zombie aficionado Tony Schaab. The show is co-hosted by Tony’s accomplice in all things nerdy, his wife Emily Schaab. We talked about everything from my new novel, Night of the ZomBEEs to how to make a mixed geeky marriage work. Tony’s knowledge of the undead genre and culture made the conversation a lot of fun for me, and I got to plug away at the new project I’m involved with, a Night of the Living Trekkies movie-like venture, currently in pre-production.  Follow the link to give the interview a listen and show Pop Cultist some love. I know an upcoming episode will have an interview with well-known horror scribe Jonathan Maberry  

Night of the ZomBEEs is doing well on Amazon. It’s available in trade paperback and kindle. An audio version should be out sometime in December produced and performed by Parsec Award winning podcaster Rish Outfield, co-host of The Dunesteef Audio Fiction Magazine, one of my favorite podcasts, co-hosted Bigg Anklevich. If you wish to receive a review copy please email me at Kevin@KevinDavidAnderson.com 


And lastly if you’re looking for something fun to read this holiday season, can I recommend Santastein by Mr. Brian K. Morris. Read my review here and at goodreads. 

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I think if Mary Shelly had an irreverent sense of humor and had penned Frankenstein during the height of the Christmas season she could have written Santastein. Brian K. Morris takes our classic, beloved horror story, Frankenstein, and mashes it up, at warp speed, into the holidays. There is short list of writers that have made me laugh out loud; Douglass Adams, Terry Pratchett, Jeff Strand, and now Brian K. Morris. 



No comments: