Thursday, May 19, 2016

Night of the ZomBEEs in Academia

In 2014 I was extremely honored to find out that my novel Night of the Living Trekkies was apart of the curriculum at Mansfield University of Pennsylvania in a course offered to freshmen entitled, How I learned to survive college from the Zombie Apocalypse. I skyped in that fall to the class for a Q&A session, and had a blast talking zombies, survival, writing and general mayhem with the students.  Other authors that have skyped into this very unique class have been David Moody, Jonathan Maberry, and Joe McKinney. I was thrilled to be asked the first time, but last month I found out that my new novel Nightof the ZomBEEs will be added to the course curriculum this fall, and I’ve been invited back for another Q&A session. So much fun. Where were the cool zombie courses when I was in college? 

In other news my story Contractions will be published in The Beauty of Death anthology from Independent Legions Publishing edited by Bram Stoker Award winner Alessandro Manzetti. Out of the 1,250 submissions, 39 stories were chosen including tales by Ramsey Campbell, Peter Straub, Poppy Z. Bright, Monica J. O'Rourke, John Palisano and so many more – Go here for the TOC. It was originally scheduled for a late May release but I'm guessing it may be June before this one comes out.

The audiobook version of Night of the ZomBEEs should be available in a few weeks. To kick off the audiobook I'll have the kindle version available for free, and the first 3 chapters in audio available on youtube and as a MP3 download. More on that later. Buzz buzz

Love this review from BuyZombie.com -Night of the ZomBEEs - Book Review

And last month the first meeting of the newest chapter of the HWA (Horror Writers Association) took place at Mysterious Galaxy. I’ve been an Active member of the HWA for a while now, but never really been too involved beyond the occasional posting on the message board. I’m hoping to change that and joining this group seems like a step in the right direction.   
I'm the grey haired dork in the back row. 

I hope everyone had a great FREE Comic Book day. My kids and I walked away with handfuls of graphic stories, mostly independents, but there was a few Marvel and DC inclusions. Had a blast and I got Trek'ed by artist Joenell Luma!



LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

No comments: