Thursday, June 4, 2020

NEW Author NEWSLETTER


To go along with my old world blog I thought I'd create and old world E-Mail Newsletter. I launched the first issue this month which you can take a look at here: Kevin David Anderson NEWS for June.   To subscribe to future Newsletters go here: SUBSCRIBE

My short story The Mount of Death will be a part of the charity anthology, Local Haunts edited by Regina Saint Claire. All proceeds will go to First Book which works toward providing equal access to quality education for kids in need. Local Haunts will be available later this year. The Mount of Death is also available in audio for FREE read by Jason Hill of the Horror Hill Podcast. It is also available in the anthology California Screamin’, a horror anthology of stories from members of the San Diego chapter of the HWA.

I've been very lucky in the past few months with a handful of stories being developed for audio by podcasters Otis Jiry and Jason Hill. But before I get to the new stories I want to first mention my short story Contractions, which was produced last year as part of a Horror Hill episode and has recently been reproduced with new sound effects and relaunched as a stand-alone episode on the Chilling Tales for Dark Nights podcast.


This is one of my darkest tales. I'm not usually this dark, but it kind of fits in 2020
Contractions read by Jason Hill - Listen on Youtube


Otis Jiry's long-running podcast is a staple horror show on the internet, and my short story The Room was featured with other author tales in season 5 episode 19 of Otis Jiry's Scary Stories Told in the Dark. I wrote this story over a year and a half ago and it hauntingly fits in way too well with our current crisis.

The Room read by Otis Jiry - Listen on YouTube


Six months ago Rob Davids a contestant in the EVIL IDOL voice acting contest (think American Idol but for audio readers/narrators) contacted me asking to read a few of my stories as his entry into the contest. Well, I did, and then he did. He performed pretty well, advancing to the final round of 10 contestants out of hundred or so, but in the end, he did not claim the top prize. But that's okay. I loved his dramatic reading. Here is Rob reading his 3rd round entry my story Toualetehydrophobia. It's an odd little story about irrational fears and parenting.
Toualetehydrophobia read by Rob Davids - Listen on YouTube 


If you prefer to read a story instead of listening you can read both Toualetehydrophobia and The Room on the new horror fiction website, Creepypasta Stories. (CreepypastaStories.com) And just like the audio stories, it's all FREE. If you like what you read the site has a 1 to 10-star rating system, please feel free to add your rating. You can find both stories at my author page on the site, just scroll down past my long self-promoting bio: Kevin David Anderson - Creepypasta Stories 

If you're looking for more stuff to read or listen too, head on over to my website and click on the BOOKS / STORIES link for an almost up to date list of everything I have available. Check out the FREE AUDIO link or my YouTube channel for dozens of my stories available for free produced by the likes of Jason Hill, the fine folks at the Drabblecast, Pseudopod, Simply Scary, and the No Sleep Podcast. 

LIVE LONG and PROSPER


No comments: