Thursday, December 31, 2020

Goodbye 2020

Yikes, what a year. 

This year can't end fast enough. And I know that things are not going to get back to normal on January 1, 2021, but I can dream, can't I? 

In the past few months, I've seen a few artistic representations, read a few well-worded op-eds, and listened to some scholarly commentary all trying to capture the essence of 2020. But I don't think anything comes close to capturing and or symbolizing 2020, how it felt, how it smelled, better than the 2020 Dumpsterfire Christmas Ornament. For me, it just sums it all up, and the best part, the part that makes it particularly poignant, is that it is made in America. Happy New Year! 


NOW AVAILABLE!
A BREACH IN THE FENCE

My short story "A Breach in the Fence" is now available on the new online horror site The Dread Machine. The site features horror stories and content from around the world. I'm also excited that it will also be produced in audio later in the year.


COMING SOON!
MOUNTING FAIRIES FOR DISPLAY


I sold my experimental fantasy short story "Mounting Fairies for Display" to the anthology Exterus Vol.2, No.1. Mixing comedy, horror, and dark fantasy, "Mounting Fairies for Display" is written in the style of a how-to article in which the reader (or fairy hunting enthusiast) can receive a step-by-step guide in the art of dispatching and preparing fairies, sprites, pixies, and other tiny folks for display. 

The anthology Exterus Vol.2, No.1 will be released later this year, but an earlier version of the story is available to listen to Bigg Anklevich read the story under the title "Framing and Mounting Fairies" for his podcast The Dunesteef.






AVAILABLE IN AUDIO

In November I had five short stories produced in audio. The Horror Hill podcast produced the third Earl and Dale story in audio, "NIGHT OF THE SPIDER," which appears in my collection, Midnight Men: The Supernatural Adventures of Earl and Dale. Jason Hill reads "Night of the Spider" in Episode 5, season 3 of Horror Hill. The episode is called Tangled Webs.

Otis Jiry reads four of my stories on a recent episode of Otis Jiry's Scary Stories Told in the Dark. I'm the featured writer for this episode, two of the stories, "The Echo at the End of the Road," and "Blood, Gridlock, and PEZ" are free to listen to. Listeners will have to be a patron of Chilling Tales for Dark Nights to hear my other two stories, "The Lure of Heaven," and "Liberation."


Click on any cover to go to the book's AMAZON page


Midnight Men: The Supernatural Adventures of Earl and Dale by [Kevin David Anderson]     Night of the ZomBEEs: A Zombie novel with Buzz by [Kevin David Anderson]     Night of the Living Trekkies (Quirk Fiction) by [Kevin David Anderson, Sam Stall]
 

Jurassic Jokes: A Joke Book 65 Million Years in the Making! by [Giggles A. Lott and Nee Slapper]   Star Wars: The Jokes Awaken by [Giggles A. Lott and Nee Slapper]   The Geektastic Joke Book 4 Kids: An Unofficial Collection of Pop Culture Funniness by [Giggles A. Lott and Nee Slapper]

Well, that is enough nonsense for this year. See you in 2021! If you're looking for more stuff to read or listen too, head on over to my website and click on the BOOKS / STORIES link for an almost up to date list of everything I have available. Check out the FREE AUDIO link or my YouTube channel for dozens of my stories available for free produced by the likes of Jason Hill, the fine folks at the Drabblecast, Pseudopod, Simply Scary, and the No Sleep Podcast. 
 
Live Long and Prosper

No comments: